We started moving our car collection to our property in Hico Memorial Day Weekend. When our collection is brought up in conversation, we are often asked "How many cars do you have?" Well, let me tell you:
1) White MG BGT (1969 I think) that is rusted out with plants growing in it. Whatever plans we had are likely sidelined. Les was going to use it for spare parts anyway. This car is still in storage.
2) Forest Green MG BGT (1972 I think) that's in better shape than the white one. We hope to restore it. This car is still in storage.
3) Yellow and rust MG BGT (1970 I think) that's in the best condition of all 3. Les wants to put a Mazda motor with a super charger in it. We moved this car to Hico.
4 and 5) Austin Healey Sprite (? year) is a convertible. The body is worthless, but the motor should be good. We bought a chassis for a MG Midget (? year) to put the engine into. The MG chassis is actually at a body shop to start the restoration process. The Sprite is still in storage.
6) Volvo 780 (1985 I think) is a rare car as it's a coupe. It has a blown head gasket. It needs a new engine and new interior due to leaky sunroof. It's now in Hico, with the yellow MG.
7) Volvo Wagon (1990 I think). It's at a shop for restoration but I can't pay for it, so who knows what will happen to it. I'd love to get it running but the shop will probably take ownership.
8) Fiat (2012) 300 is my daily driver. I need something bigger as soon as we can swing it.
9) Dodge pickup (? year) - the little version. It's a workhorse and great to have. It's an old beater without AC. It runs great and we can haul stuff, so what's not to like?
So that's the rundown. The three at storage will be moved the next 3-4 days that we have together. We clearly will need a good mechanic in Hico and we will definitely need a good restoration specialist in Hico.